About Angels and Tomboys®
Angels and Tomboys® is a product specifically made for tweens. They created a body line made by teen girls, for teen girls. The body sprays give unique scents that appeal to girls their age. Angels and Tomboys® started with body spray and body lotions to introduce it to the market place.
The products sell for $12, and cost $4 to manufacture. They have sold 5,000 units so far amounting to $59,000. and they are profitable. Angels and Tomboys® uses gorilla marketing and word of mouth online. The girls were playing with their moms lotion but the scents were to strong and they wanted something that would fit with them.
Little girls want to smell good. Viara says that if they used a manufacture, the product cost drops to $1.75.
Angels and Tomboys® Episode Data
- Company: Angels and Tomboys® –Website
- Entrepreneurs: Mallory, Madison, and Viara Boyd
- Ask: $55,000 for 20% equity
- Episode Season 8 Episode 804
- Companies in this episode:
- First Aired: 10/14/2016
- Deal: Mark Cuban and Daymond John for $60,0000 for 33.3%
What do the Shark Tank Investors say about Angels and Tomboys®?
- Mark Cuban – asks are you having fun doing this? He thinks that there is a big upside because this category doesn't exist yet.
- Daymond John – is torn on taking their hobby and turning it into a business. His biggest challenge is after it is on you cannot see it. You have to market it. Daymond wants Mark in on the offer. They offer $60,000 for 33.3%.
- Kevin O'Leary – says why wouldn't there be a category? Maybe they haven't done it because their is no market. Doesn't think they have proven that they can sell this product yet, and it is going to take a lot of work. He is out.
- Lori Griener – thinks their line smells good. Lori said Chocolate smells good, and Daymond said, “Thank you” making Lori blush. She tells them they are Superstars, and she knows how hard it is with fragrances, including celebrities coming in with fragrances. She is out.
- Robert Herjavec – asks where they are making the product and the girls tell the Sharks they are doing it at home. He struggles to see a market for girls 5-12, he is out.
Angels and Tomboys® after Shark Tank
The company watched their sales go through the roof after the show, and have expanded their line to include tweens and teens. Angels and Tomboys® completed the deal with Daymond John and Mark Cuban.