Maxwell Cohen had a company called AfreSHeet, and he is seeking $100,000 for 20% equity in his company. Maxwell makes his pitch in Shark Tank Season 7.
College students have a difficult time getting their laundry done, but with AfreSHeet, lets you peel away the top sheet with seven layers.
AfreSHeet has three different types of polyester. The sheet feels clinical, but not as breathable as conventional bed sheets.
AfreSHeet has sold 400 sheets so far. They retail for $29.95 or a twin.
The company has interest in summer camps and elderly homes. Robert can see this in hospitals.
Maxwell invested $12,000 in the company. He pitched Bed, Bath and Beyond, but they did not want to be the first to introduce it to the world.
AfreSHeet Episode Statistics
Entrepreneur: Maxwell Cohen
Ask: $,100000 for 20% equity
Companies in this episode: AfreSHeet, Unshrinkit, Grip Clean, PolarPro
Season 7 Episode 708
Sharks: Mark Cuban, Daymond John, Kevin O'Leary, Lori Greiner, Robert Herjavec
First Aired: 11/13/2015
Deal: No Deal, sales coming into Shark Tank do not prove the concept.
What do the Shark Tank Investors say about AfreSHeet?
- Mark Cuban doesn't think Maxwell is ready for investment from him so, he is out.
- Daymond John doesn't believe in the concept so, he is out.
- Kevin O'Leary tells Max to shoot it, and he is out.
- Lori Greiner said if it was soft, and comfortable people would buy it, but she is out.
- Robert Herjavec could see old homes and college students buying it. He is not sure why it is not selling. Mark says you don't have any orders, you tested the market and you don't have any orders. He is out.
AfreSHeet after Shark Tank
AfreSHeet changed the name to Peelaway Labs and are selling online in four different collections. They have the Peelaways, the Cam-a-Peel, the Dorm-A-Peel, and the Crib-A-Peel. Their pricing ranges from $15.99 to $29.99.
AfreSHeet from Peelawaylabs is available on Amazon.
It turns out the company is now getting a lot of love from people like Martha Stewart.