Wired Waffles presents in the Shark Tank with creator Roger Sullivan, who is asking for seventy-five thousand dollars in exchange for twenty-five percent equity. The breakfast product is loaded with caffeine equal to a twenty-ounce cup of coffee. The company is one month old when pitched on Shark Tank and has one thousand dollars in sales.
Wired Waffles energy drink in snack
Wired Waffles is an energy drink put in a snack that is delicious, functional and satisfying according to Roger Sullivan, but the expressions on the Sharks face say everything about the pending deal. Shelf life is only thirty days.
They did a test run on ten thousand units and got feedback and then changed the recipe. A distributor in Dallas, TX is interested in buying $140,000 worth of the waffles for convenience stores. He notes that they have a warning that the waffles are not for kids or pregnant women.
Company: Wired Waffles
Entrepreneurs: Roger Sullivan
Ask: $ 75k for 25% equity
Season: Season 4 Episode 405
Sharks: Mark Cuban, Daymond John, Kevin O'Leary, Lori Greiner, Robert Herjavec
Other companies: Cozy Bug, The Spatty, Marz Sprays
First Aired: 10/11/2012
Deal: No Deal
What do the Shark Tank Investors say about Wired Waffles
- Mark Cuban likes the idea, but the waffles don't taste very good, so he is out.
- Daymond John doesn't think that making energy shots into a meal is efficient and goes out.
- Kevin O'Leary says there is nothing proprietary to Wired Waffles telling Roger is a cockroach. He does not like how it tastes. He is out.
- Lori Greiner thinks kids will go for the waffles and are at risk of getting too much caffeine in a convenience store. She goes out.
- Robert Herjavec thinks creating a new category is a good idea, but the taste isn't what he thinks will sell the waffles, so he goes out.
Wired Waffles after Shark Tank?
Wired Waffles waffled out! The domain is available for sale through a broker, and no more information is available on the product or company.
Do you want to know the latest on what is happening in the world of the Sharks, the people, and the companies that appear on Shark Tank? Sign up and when there's breaking news you will know first!