About The Skinny Mirror
The Skinny Mirror lets you see your true self. What most people forget is how we feel about ourselves. The Skinny mirror provides a subtle narrowing look to make you feel good about yourself.
Mark Cuban thinks that you would need to carry the mirror everywhere. Kevin doesn't like the fact that Belinda's product is a lie to everyone.
So far, Belinda sold 350 units for a total of $85,000 to clothing stores and hotels. She had a market study done in Sweden, and woman bought 20% more clothing with the Skinny Mirror. Women believe they are two to three sizes than they actually are, and this mirror helps them to buy the right sizes.
She has a consumer and a commercial model, but anyone can sell this type of mirror. She marks every mirror with the Skinny Mirror.
The Skinny Mirror Episode Data
- Company: The Skinny Mirror
- Entrepreneur: Belinda Jasmine
- Ask: $200,000 for 20% equity
- Episode Season 7 Episode 705
- Companies in this episode:
- Mark Cuban
- Daymond John
- Kevin O'Leary
- Lori Greiner
- Robert Herjavec
- First Aired: 04/10/2014
What do the Shark Tank Investors say about The Skinny Mirror?
- Mark Cuban – does not like the risk posed to store brands by using this product to deceive customers. he is out.
- Daymond John – thinks that using this product is dangerous because it creates a false perception of who they are. He is out.
- Kevin O'Leary – believes this is a sham on customers of stores, and he is out. He also forbids any other Shark from investing in the Skinny Mirror.
- Lori Greiner – thinks most women want to be skinnier than they are, but there is a difference between being in a retail store and not knowing they are looking in a Skinny Mirror. Lori has a problem with that. She is out.
- Robert Herjavec – can't get around the issues of having customers buy products using the skinny mirror only to go home and to get a completely different look at home. He is out.
The Skinny Mirror after Shark Tank
Belinda says ABC did not air the fact that her product was originally designed for women at home, and that most are sold to residential applications.
The Skinny Mirror is no longer in production, however, Belinda would love to have a manufacturer license her product and begin marketing again.