Fohawx Shark Tank Pitch
Fohawx are Mohawks for helmets. They took the plain Safety Helmet and made it extraordinary so kids love the helmet. The product is easily removable and attachable to any safety helmet.
They are targeting children between ages four to ten. Jocelyn and Kelly say what differentiates the product is the versatility. They cost $5 landed and sell for $19.95 retail. Sales for the past year are 5,000 units representing $50,000 in sales.
There is no helmet accessories in any retailer. They want to be in every mass market retailer, but they don't have that many sales given that they have a years worth of sales behind their product.
Fohawx Episode Data
- Company: Fohawx – Website
- Entrepreneur: Jocelyn Fine and Kelly Dineen
- Ask: $150,000 for 30% equity
- Episode Season 5 Episode 511
- Companies in this episode:
- First Aired: 12/06/2013
- Deal: No Deal
What do the Shark Tank Investors say about Fohawx?
- Mark Cuban – says being passionate is not enough, and they need the sales to prove the company. Mark tells them if they had one store that they have $50,000 worth of sales in, they don't. He is out.
- Daymond John – wants to know if they flash sell it at $9.99. It's about the sales per store. At this point, Daymond cannot help them, he is out.
- Kevin O'Leary – says that the company will get delisted because they don't have enough sales in the past year. Kevin says they don't want it, people are not buying it. He says they will sell more if they price at $9.99, but the product is not proven yet. Kevin hates this product and nobody is buying it. He is out.
- Barbara Corcoran – says consider the possibility that you are blinded by reality that this is not working. She is out.
- Robert Herjavec – says she is very scattered, and she needs to focus on the numbers. He hopes they do the numbers, but he is out.
Fohawx after Shark Tank
Fohawx is available on Amazon, the company website is offline. It just didn't take off like they had hoped, and as predicted by the Sharks.