Fat Ass Fudge is Donna McCue's grandmother's recipe for lactose-free fudge. Will Shark Tank take a bit out of not only the Fat Ass Fudge but Donna's company? Donna is a big personality, and the Sharks are stunned by her presentation.
Fat Ass Fudge is Gluten Free pitches Shark Tank
Fat Ass Fudge is Gluten Free which is something that Mark Cuban focuses on when looking at investments. She as sixty thousand dollars in sales and is in two Whole Foods stores.
Donna tells the Sharks that she always wanted to be in show business and she would beat the chocolate instead of beating herself up when she didn't get a part. She is such a card! She named her company after what her mother used to call her when she was growing up. The Sharks are stunned at her story. The Sharks look petrified from her pitch.
Her sales over the last twelve months are sixty thousand dollars, and she is so excited because it is just one person, but the Sharks are not impressed with Fat Ass Fudge sales.
Company: Fat Ass Fudge
Entrepreneur: Donna McCue
Ask: $250k for 5% equity
Season: Season 4 Episode 411
Sharks: Mark Cuban, Daymond John, Kevin O'Leary, Barbara Corcoran, Robert Herjavec
First Aired: 12/03/2012
Deal: No Deal
What do the Shark Tank Investors say about Fat Ass Fudge
- Mark Cuban believes Donna does not need him, so he goes out.
- Daymond John tells Donna this is not a business for him, so he is out.
- Kevin O'Leary thinks Donna needs a partner because she is “nutty.” Kevin offers $250,000 for one thousand percent. She responds isn't that too much? Donna thinks she deserves her TV show. Kevin says he is out, and Donna tells Kevin, the difference between you and Chocolate, Chocolate doesn't disappoint.
- Barbara Corcoran thinks she is a great actress. She loves her enthusiasm for making Fudge but is not focused enough on the money, so she goes out. She believes there is no room for a partner in this deal, and she should keep doing it on her own.
- Robert Herjavec thinks Donna does not need an investor, so he goes out
Fat Ass Fudge after Shark Tank
Fat Ass Fudge ended up being sold to a company called Chocology. The deal happened about a year after the Shark Tank pitch. I wonder if Chocology gets the Shark Tank effect on their website, typically found by companies who present on the hit TV series?