Publicize, a feature in Jetpack sends your blog posts from WordPress to your Google+ page and other social media applications. Use this opportunity to make your posts go viral.
It’s great having blog posts automatically linked out in social media. Unfortunately, my Google+ pages are being published privately, which means nobody sees my posts, making publishing on Google+ a useless feature.
I decided to do some investigation and found out that Google+ defaults to posting private. The great news is there is an easily implemented solution.
Follow these steps to turn your Publicize posts from private to public on Google+:
- Login to your Google Account where your Google+ page resides.
- Go to your Google+ page
- Click on the settings Sprocket located in the top-right hand corner of the page.
- Click on “settings.”
- Scroll down to “Manage apps & activities” and click on the box
- Under “Visible to” click “edit.”
- Change the drop-down box to “public.”
- Click save
Now your Publicize posts will appear as public on your Google+ page.